By Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
To enjoy this to-die-for grilled sandwich, you must first quickly saute mushrooms and "pickled" red cabbage, then stir together a Dijon-mayo-relish spread. The results, however, are well worth any effort.
Prep time: 25 minutes
- First, prepare all your ingredients. Heat two saute pans over medium heat. Add some olive oil to each pan. In one pan, add mushrooms, garlic and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In the second pan, add red cabbage, salt and pepper and cook in oil for 2 minutes. Add vinegar and horseradish and cook 5 more minutes.
- While both the mushrooms and cabbage are cooking, mix up dressing. Combine mayonnaise, Dijon and relish in a small bowl.
- Butter one side of 2 pieces of bread generously. On the other side of the buttered pieces of bread, spread the dressing over the bread. Add mushrooms to each sandwich. Add a slice of cheese on top of the mushrooms. Cover the cheese in cabbage. Add one more slice of cheese on top of the cabbage.
- Place the slices of bread, buttered side down on a skillet heated over high heat. Add the second slice of bread to the top and place a couple cubes of butter on top of each slice. Place one of your saute pan on top of the sandwiches as they cook.
- Flip after a few minutes and cook the other side without the pan. The bread should be nice and crusty and cheese should be oozing out the sides.
Recipe source Door to Door Organics
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.