Avocado Grilled Cheese February 29, 2016 10:33
By Kim's Healthy Eats
From the crispy bread and gooey cheese, to the fresh avocado, I can’t decide which part I like best.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
A little bit of coconut or olive oil to spread onto bread
1 tsp pesto sauce
fresh baby spinach leaves
½ ripe avocado, sliced
2 slices of cheese, I used pepper jack, but I think fresh mozzarella or cheddar would also taste great
- Heat skillet (cast iron if you have it) on medium heat.
- Spread a thin layer of oil over one side of each slice of bread. Flip over and spread the pesto sauce onto each slice of bread.
- Add slices of cheese to each slice of bread. Top with spinach and avocado.
- Fold together to create a sandwich.
- Place in heated skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. I like to put another heavy pan on top of the sandwich to make it a pressed sandwich.