The Reuben Sandwich February 29, 2016 10:15
By Chris Clark
Prep time: 15 minutes
The ultimate example of how things that should not work do, oh so wonderfully well.
8 Swiss cheese slices
1½ lbs corned beef brisket, cooked and sliced thin
1 cup Thousand Island dressing
2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- There are a couple of tricks to help make this “The” Reuben sandwich.
- Lay the slices of bread on a counter or cutting board. Put two slices of the cheese on four slices of the bread.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add in the corned beef and cook until warm, a few minutes at most. Turn the heat to medium
- Portion the corned beef onto the cheese covered bread slices. Top with sauerkraut, then Thousand Island dressing and then top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Spread some butter on the top of the sandwiches and place them, butter side down, into the sauté pan. Spread more butter on the top slice and cook until the bottom is toasty and golden. Gently flip the sandwiches and cook until golden on the bottom.
- Cut in half diagonally and serve warm with your favorite dill pickle on the side.