White Bean Dip with Fresh Herbs January 30, 2016 12:38
- 2cups cooked white beans
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided into 1 tablespoon and 3 tablespoons
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3tablespoons fresh parsley
- Black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook for two minutes, and then add the white beans, rosemary, and thyme. Sautee for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Transfer the beans to a food processor. Add the salt, pepper, lemon, and remaining olive oil. Process on high, stopping every now and then to scrape the bowl down, until mixture is totally creamy and smooth.
- Pulse in the fresh parsley. Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil.
H&F Bread Co. Crostini: This Italian word means little toasts. The thin slices of bread are toasted, drizzled with olive oil, and served warm. They may be topped with a savory, finely diced mixture such as cheese, vegetables, meat or seafood.