Fried Fish Sandwiches
Pair with H&F Bread Co. Sesame Seed buns
2 pounds grouper, mahi mahi, cod, or halibut fillets
2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups cold beer
1 large egg, lightly beaten
4 sesame seed hamburger buns
Tartar sauce or mayonnaise $
4 green leaf lettuce leaves
4 tomato slices
- Cut fish into 3-inch strips. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tsp. Greek seasoning, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, remaining 1 tsp. Greek seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper; stir well. Add 2 cups cold beer and egg, stirring until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Dip fish strips into batter, coating both sides well; shake off excess. Fry fish, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden (do not crowd pan). Drain on paper towels.
- Spread top half of each bun evenly with tartar sauce. Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of each bun; top each with 2 fried fish strips and top halves of buns.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.